A Good Post-Surgery Stew:
- 2 packages (1 pound) chicken hearts and giblets
- 1 pound sliced beef liver
- 1 cubed sweet potato
- 2 pounds turkey necks
- 1 quart beef or chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- Add turkey necks to hot pot and brown
- Add broth and water
- Add sweet potato and garlic
- Add rest of meats
- Boil for an hour, until giblets are tender.
- Remove liver and coarsely chop and return to pot
- Cool down, first serving can be given warm. I then keep pot in fridge and feed a cup a day until gone.